Inside Technical Sales
Inside Technical Sales – Military
Armag Corporation is the industry leader for manufacturing secure modular buildings for
military, government, and commercial clients since 1969. Located in Bardstown, KY, our
innovative, field-tested building designs exceed the demand for higher standards of security and
allow us to deliver mission-specific solutions to our customers. Armag is recognized by the U.S.
Military as an authority in highly secure, modular buildings, and has served as a consultant to the
U.S. Navy in developing the Type 2 specification for explosives storage.
To learn more about Armag, please watch our video: https://www.armagcorp.com/whatwedo
The Inside Technical salesperson will be assigned an area of responsibility for specific customer
and/or product types. The role will be primarily focused on custom modular and transportable
facilities for Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives (AA&E). The Inside Technical salesperson will
provide a consultative approach to customer requirements with regards to industry regulation for
physical security and safety, manufacturing capabilities, concerns in logistics, and other technical
disciplines. The salesperson will be based out of our manufacturing facility in Bardstown, KY.
The position will interact with national and international accounts. Limited travel (5-10%) is
required for trade shows and customer site visits. This position reports to the Sales Manager.
• Respond to incoming leads by qualifying the requirements of the customer, recommend
the appropriate product, and provide technical information and quotes.
• Generating price quotes to customers.
• Track and manage all active leads in the ERP system. Perform follow ups when required.
• Develop relationships with customers and penetrate customer accounts.
• Consult as subject matter expert for the customer. Demonstrate a keen knowledge of
product capabilities, industry regulations, logistics, and contracting processes/procedures.
• Develop literature, presentations, and other marketing related deliverables as required.
• Support and coordinate with our Outside Sales/Business Development team
• Collaborate with Engineering and Production teams to develop solutions to customer
requirements. Assist with developing technical details between the customer and Armag.
• Attend industry trade shows as required.
• Facilitate customer site visits as required.
• 5+ years’ experience in technical sales
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret regulatory policy/documents
• Basic knowledge of engineering disciplines (electrical, structural, mechanical)
• Client relations / customer service experience
• Project management
• Estimating / pricing
• Proficiency with various computer systems, including Microsoft Office and ERP/CRM
This information is an abbreviated job description for recruiting purposes only; it does
not constitute the entire job description, duties or all requirements. Armag Corporation is
an equal opportunity employer. All candidates are considered based upon their skills,
performance and potential without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, handicap, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran