Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Hiring Company: Confidential Company
We are Hiring Immediately for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic that is accountable for the preventative maintenance of facility equipment. The successful candidate will possess both electrical and mechanical troubleshooting ability as well experience in repair, preventative maintenance, and equipment optimization. Daily tasks will be dictated by whatever is needed to keep the facility operating.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic Systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, Forklifts, Scissor lifts and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instruments and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- More responsibilities may be assigned upon hire.
- High School Diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- (2+) two plus years with experience in preventative maintenance and troubleshooting electrical and pneumatic machinery.
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel-toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or face mask) hearing protection and long sleeved shirt (with shirt tail tucked in) as necessary for task.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Must have experience in a multiphase fast paced production operation.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints
- Maintenance of industrial hydraulic equipment
- Maintenance of electrical industrial machinery
- Maintenance of mechanical industrial machinery
- Must have strong analytical skills — troubleshooting skills
- Having own tools is preferred.