Position: IT Internship
Reports to: Communications & Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Part Time – 20 hours per week
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Revised: November 2022
Description: The IT Intern is responsible for providing basic on-site technical and administrative support for our information technology systems and networks. This intern will also coordinate with 3rd party groups to resolve any challenging IT issues for USA Cares.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general support of PCs, printers, and other computer devices
- Act as link between end users and higher-level support
- Troubleshoot and aid in technical support for systems and networks
- Maintain phone directory, assign/reset users names and passwords, and maintain network accounts
- Working knowledge of software/web-based systems as follows:
- Salesforce – basic support, create campaigns and online event postings
- Form Assembly – create/update campaigns tied to Salesforce and Stripe
- Funraise – rebuilding of existing donation pages under new format/version each year
- Constant Contact – create messages for clients in the proper format
- Website – Dreamworks, update content basic support
- All other tasks as assigned
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, adaptability, confidentiality
Education & Experience:
- In school for a degree related to information technology or computer science.
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration.
- Certification (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+) is a plus.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The intern regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit in a car and drive. The intern is regularly required to operate a computer and talk on a telephone. Frequently reaches and extends the arm, including manual dexterity.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision acuity to drive and operate a computer and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee or intern encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this position, the intern may travel by automobile and may be exposed to changing weather conditions.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an internship agreement between USA Cares and the intern and is subject to change.