HIRING COMPANY: Thermex-Thermatron Systems LLC.
JOB TITLE: Fabricator/Welder DEPARTMENT: Production
SUPERVISOR: Production Manager CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Manufacture, build and assemble components and equipment made by the Company, such as: Radio Frequency and Microwave Generators, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Presses, Ovens, Applicators, Conveyors, etc.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The job will involve occasional interaction with customers and suppliers. Teamwork will be frequently required. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Welding stainless steel.
2. Selecting and cutting stock material such as sheet, plates, angles, rods, tubing, beams, etc.
3. Laying out holes, cut-outs, slots, cabinets, etc. based on drawings; bending, drilling, grinding, milling, punching, deburring or turning the work piece, as required.
4. Assembling fabricated work pieces by bolting, welding, riveting, brazing or soldering.
5. Assembling purchased mechanical, pneumatic or hydraulic components into subassemblies and equipment.
6. Piping and plumbing of cylinders, valves, regulators, etc.
TOOLS TO USE: Rulers, tapes, calipers, micrometers, drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, taps, sanders, etc.
MACHINES TO USE: Cut-off saw, lathe, mill, MIG/TIG welder, punch, grinder, drill press, break, shear, pipe threading, sander, etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School Diploma. Technical School or Associate Degree in Engineering a plus. Blue print reading and interpretation is mandatory.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Three to five years machine shop, fabrication or manufacturing experience required.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED: Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
TRAVEL: Some travel may be required to assist or supervise the installation.
SUPERVISION: Should perform regular duties with a minimum of supervision.
OCCASIONAL DUTIES: As requested by the Management.