Description: Event Coordinator
The Event Coordinator will be the lead in planning and execution of special fundraising events. The position includes cultivating sponsors, silent auction donors, and being the main contact with event venue staff, event committees and volunteers. This person will also work closely with the Communications and Graphics staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and venues
- Plan and track event details and aspects, including seating, dining and guests
- Negotiate contracts with clients and service providers
- Collaborate with the communications team to create publications to support the organization’s special events
- Send event information to potential attendees and past attendees
- Manage events and address problems that may arise
- Create reliable financial reports and collect payments on time
- Remain under budget with all costs
- Work closely with the Vice President of Outreach and Development
- Maintain fundraising database and tracking systems
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times
- Accept additional duties and responsibilities as directed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have knowledge and experience in all aspects of special event fundraising
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven
- Technologically adept
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate volunteers, event committees, and staff
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability
- Advanced interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to work and cooperate on all levels as a team member
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3–5 years’ experience in special event fundraising
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10% of the time.
- Excellent oral and written skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Candidate must have reliable transportation.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s License, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and talk on a telephone. Frequently reaches and extends the arm, including manual dexterity
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision acuity to drive and operate a computer and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this position, the employee frequently travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.