Suicide Prevention Services Manager- USA Cares
Description: The Suicide Prevention Services Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations of the Suicide Prevention Services team. Supervises and trains Suicide Prevention Services Specialists. Also maintains client surveillance and tracking, quality assurance, screening and referrals. Referral services include coordination and referral of clients for additional support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide training & guidance to Suicide Prevention Services staff on a continuing basis.
- Advise VP of Finance and Programs & President/CEO on program & program personnel needs.
- Communicate program processes and goals clearly to multiple audiences.
- Monitor progress of team, identify areas for growth.
- Work cases on an as needed basis.
- Process cases for review and payment.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly status reports.
- Ensure cases meet the guidelines of grants and USA Cares policies.
- Ensure the privacy and dignity of the service member and their family is maintained.
- Remain flexible to the needs of the families and be able to professionally voice concerns with processes that may affect productivity.
- Update and track opportunities to work with other organizations to supplement grants for service members.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Microsoft Office Programs
- Data entry
- Military Preferred
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years Supervisory Experience.
- 2-4 years Social Services Experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and talk on a telephone. Frequently reaches and extends the arm, including manual dexterity.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision acuity to drive and operate a computer and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this position, the employee will typically be in an office environment with a quiet noise level.
- THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION