Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator
Reports to: President/CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Revised January 2023
Description: The Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator has diverse skills including statistical analysis of data sets, strong computer skills, as well as proven technical writing ability, and analytical expertise. This position is designed to support senior management in enabling all facets of process improvement, including data management and analysis, event management, and the creation of documentation supporting the 501c3’s mission. This person also possesses the ability to work within a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment to drive the development, implementation, and maintenance of all projects aligned with the vision of the President/CEO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Senior Management team to:
- Conserve time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting, and analyzing information, initiating telecommunications
- Provide administrative support to the President/CEO by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel – (including Board of Directors and National Spokespersons)
- Maintain quality control of general office management procedures
- Management/maintain Board of Directors administrative practices and procedures
- Manage organizations incoming calls/messaging and incoming visitors
- Project Coordinator:
- Projects as directed by the President/CEO
- Statistical analysis of data aimed at process improvement
- Data management and analysis of fundraising activities, event management, and analysis of marketing and media outreach
- Assigned projects may include strategic timelines, top priority efforts that require interaction and management with high visibility and financial investors.
- Maintain effective communications. Serve as a liaison between different departments and outside vendors and suppliers
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in project management, analyzing datasets, general executive assistance.
- Experience in office and high-level board administrative practices and procedures.
- Experience in proof-reading and development of presentations for external briefings (i.e., major donors, corporations, legislative members, and Board of Directors).
- A self-starter, who can work independently, anticipate emergent issues, and help design solutions preemptively, to meet timelines, deliverables, and project schedules despite adversity.
- Create proactive solutions to address present and emergent issues.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Computer Science, Project Management, or other related fields preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of office and Board of Directors administrative practices and procedures
- Military/spouse experience not required, but preferred
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President/CEO and Deputy Director
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit in a car and drive. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and talk on a telephone. Frequently reaches and extends the arm, including manual dexterity.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision acuity to drive and operate a computer and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this position, the employee frequently travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change.