Career Transition Specialist- USA Cares
Job Description: The Career Transition Specialist is responsible for conducting assessments, resume revisions, job search assistance, interview skills training and workshops. The role of the Career Transition Specialist is to enhance the quality of life for the client & family requesting assistance in order to reduce risk factors which may lead to suicide with a goal to maximize satisfaction and promote cost effectiveness. This person will assist with educational training on best practices in the civilian talent acquisition industry in support of the goals and objectives of the Career Transition Program and the Suicide Prevention Services Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interact with clients in person, phone, or email to educate them on effective job search techniques, improve client’s resume, develop client’s interview skills, and assist with job placement
- Respond to clients in a timely manner, provide excellent customer service as well as career coaching techniques
- Interact via phone, email, and/or face-to-face with clients, community leaders and organizational leaders to ensure continuous improvement and satisfactory outcomes
- Ensure the privacy and dignity of the service member and their family is maintained
- Remain flexible to the needs of the families and be able to professionally voice concerns with processes that may affect productivity
- Update and track opportunities to work with other organizations to supplement grant opportunities
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Talent Acquisition industry knowledge including career counseling and resume writing
- Possess knowledge of military service or veterans outreach experience
- Microsoft Office programs
- Social Media knowledge (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Data entry
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Military experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written skills required
- Excellent computer skills required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and talk on a telephone. Frequently reaches and extends the arm, including manual dexterity.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision acuity to drive and operate a computer and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this position, the employee will typically be in an office environment with a quiet noise level.
- THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION