Position: Accounting Intern
Hours: Monday-Thursday 12:30-4:30 (Not Remote)
Reports to: VP of Finance & Programs
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Revised September 29, 2022
Description: The Accounting Intern is responsible for supporting the Accounting Associate and Vice President of Finance and Programs with general accounting practices and routine administrative assistance. The Accounting Intern processes the daily family case payments, American Express and Visa charges.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process Family payments including checks, journal entries for gift cards, send credit card approval emails, and prepare letters and shipping labels for overnight and 2-day shipping. Take payments to post office.
- Process American Express charges after receiving approvals from various department managers first on AMEX website, then in accounting software. Also record Visa charges from family case payments in accounting software.
- Organize and maintain filing systems and file correspondence and other records.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Accounting Associate and VP of Finance & Programs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to professionally and efficiently correspond with external and internal clients, vendors, and donors via phone, email, and written correspondence as well as with staff.
- Excellent attention to detail in an environment with rapidly changing data.
- Interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor, and trust, both internally and outside of the Company.
- Accurate and timely completion of projects and/or reports.
- Maintenance of Company information in a confidential manner.
Education & Experience:
- 2-year Accounting degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Salesforce, and QuickBooks.
- 10-Key adding machine.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit in a car and drive. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and talk on a telephone. Frequently reaches and extends the arm, including manual dexterity.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision acuity to drive and operate a computer and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this position, the employee frequently travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change.